My trading and industry focus tends to ebb and flow over time. Station trading, ship building, reactions, tech2/tech3 construction, and other types — one venture may not be the most appropriate path to success at the given time. Focus on daily ‘0.01 ISK’ trading has fallen off as we’ve moved our focus to Carrier production.
Our mineral compression location has been fully stocked with compression appropriate blueprints, logistic supply lines to our production system have been sorted out, and the initial ISK investment in Capital blueprints has taken place.
Sales from our first Carrier batch have proven profitable, so my partner and I are pleased with the initial results.
Current industry jobs contain guns for mineral compression, Carrier hulls, and getting more ME/PE work done on idle ship blueprints and Capital related blueprints.
My two industrial characters are polishing off Advanced Laboratory Operation and Advanced Mass Production to V, which is around a 27 day train each, to maximize their production abilities.
In an attempt to sell off the stockpile of blueprints that I acquired from price speculation in the Inferno expansion, I have started to become more aggressive with their pricing.
Profits per blueprint have come down into the 250-350 M range. Though they are now worth much more when sourced from NPC suppliers, the market is glutted with people that made the same move as me. My preference is to sell off the stock of 20 prints that I have and to move the ISK into minerals or Capital prints.
I’m seeing a slow, profitable burn the past few months despite spending money on a Capital Ships and Racial Carrier skillbook in addition to a PLEX for a friend to keep his account active.
We’re still turning a profit and I expect the pace to accelerate as our Capital ship production line grows into a full-fledged, efficient operation.
I did not make any moves on the market for Retribution as I did not see any major profit potentials with this patch. The scan changes to Blockade Runners did drive prices up, but I was online far too late to purchase stock.
I did have a plan to place a Jump Freighter in one of the NPC ORE stations that sell blueprints and buy as many BPOs of the new frigate as possible, but the move of liquid ISK into capital prints took precedence.
The rush to build the new Destroyer hulls also did not interest me as I expect their profit potential to rapidly vanish over the next two weeks.
Inspired by Jester’s post about accepting Eve as it stands, I started to record my own personal headaches while performing Industry and Trade related tasks.
1. Menu items on Blueprints: I want to be able to Right-click, build or Right-click, invent from the hangar.
3. Batch processing: multi-select right-click, build/invent.
3. Two stage jobs, like capitals that have components that are build from minerals, can be built with one click from the capital Blueprint.
4. Easy display of Blueprints ME/PE from hanger view.
5. Stack Blueprints of equal ME/PE levels.
6. Multi cycle runs. Make 10 items 10 times as long as you have the required items in stock.
7. Pause jobs if they run out of materials and allow resume when sufficient items are placed in the hangar.
1. Expand profession. Currently I know of a few major manufacturers of drugs and distribute to niche markets. I want to be able to have more players in the market, many more markets, and a feeling of sneaking contraband around the galaxy.
2. Given the limitations on production to POS’es, the barrier of entry for manufacturers is high. I remember a long time ago hearing about how Mittani proposed a drug manufacturing ship; imagine a stealthy ship that arrives out of nowhere, makes you drugs, and retreats into the abyss.
1. Expose Blueprint ME/PE/Run/Remaining.
2. Expose tower CPU/Power utilization and any timers such as anchoring, on-lining, or reinforced. (Metagame++;)
3. Expose saved ship fits for read/write to allow developers to create alliance/corp/mobile 3rd party applications for working with fits using XML.
4. Do not allow the buying, selling, modification of orders (I’ve wrote about the potential botting implications here).
1. Grant the ability to move POS’es between characters, corporations, and alliances.
2. Scrap the worthless Refining Arrays. They refine at too high a loss, are cumbersome to load and start refine jobs. In the new system you should be able to create paths between modules like we have in PI to transfer goods for constant production.
3. Add a mechanic for hacking/taking over offlined and abondoned towers.
1. Dragging something to the station Item or Ship hangar should automatically place it in the proper hangar. I hate having to drag ships to ships and item to items. The goods are going to my local hangar, just put them there.
1. Automatically remove me from my ship, stop skills from training, and initiate the clone jump.
2. Prompt/warn me that my clone is out of date before undocking.
1. I want to be able to see the time remaining for various things (GCC, etc) in the same fashion as the undock timer.
1. Add Logistic repair amount.
2. Add coordinate and time data down to the millisecond to allow people to develop applications to replay and analyse battles.
June and July were periods of rapid growth, both in terms of buying power and activity spread. I’m now able to have my fingers in more markets and more item types, helping to spread the risk.
Out performing the liner projection the past three months.
My purchase sprees have grown in volume over the past few months. They keep topping out at larger amounts. 18.5, 21.1, 25.2, and now 25.5 B purchased in a single day. I love seeing the holding account balance go up, but liquid ISK is idle ISK. Throw is back into the market unless you are accruing a balance for a project.
1. New milestone reached as I moved 103.7 B ISK this month.
Subscribing to the Bulk Trade mailing list has fueled buying in large quantities. Why buy two Scimitars off the market when you can buy 20 and get a discount?
2. Speculation on Cobalt
I logged into Jita about 35 minutes after the Devblog was posted citing changes to Alchemy. At this time the majority of Cobalt was off the market, so I was only able to get 26k units @ 1,580 (41.7 M) and then I foolishly bought 15k units @ 7,000 (110.7 M).
As of this writing, Cobalt is sitting at 2,800 in Jita so I highly doubt that I was turn a profit on these speculative trades. I didn’t run the numbers after the announcement so I’ll accept the loss on this.
Despite the loss, it was fun to refresh the markets and watch the speculation drive prices. I hope for more changes to the moon market this fall.
This has proven to be a powerful way to remain connected to the market. I’m currently able to monitor sales and purchases. This lets me keep mental notes of what needs to be restocked or adjusted. In the future we hope to expand it with more Android style touch options.
Some ideas that we have been throwing around is that of a cart. If you are about to sell out of an item, it will shade the row and holding down on the row will bring up an action menu. You can look up history, item trading performance, or add the item to a restock cart.
4. Industrial Partner
We’re polishing off our invention and Tech3 production skills so we can start to mass produce ships and modules. *sigh* do you know that it is going to take 50+ days to be able to produce a Tengu hull and Subsystems?
The adjustments to Faction Warfare rewards killed profits on implants for me for over a month. I waited for the price to adjust and am back to trading these in high volumes again. In the past month implants are back in my highest performing group and I’ve moved 2,880 implants in the past 30 days.
6. Wallet Manager
For those of you that have been asking about my Wallet Manager program I have good news. A group of developers is using inspiration from our team and is coding up a public version for everyone. I chat with them daily on irc.coldfront.net and will have a post about this once we have some public-facing content.
I’m going to get my new partner, Raath, up to speed on the trade operation. He is bringing a large number of production alts so I’m looking forward to putting all our idle blueprints to use.
A while ago CCP Diagoras posted some statistics on Twitter for the percentage of items that come from Invention vs Tech 2 BPOs to help quell the tinfoil hat theories that Tech 2 BPOs control the entire market. I recorded and sorted the tweets, but never released them.
What does this mean for you as an inventor looking at the market? Well, you will most likely want to stay away from the red items as the Tech 2 BPO owners have a stronger control on the price and can undercut you below your profitability threshold.
If you are interested in further Tech 2 BPO research that I have conducted, take a look at the T2 BPO Returns post.
1. Interested in the current tone of CSM-CCP relationship, the future of industry, and hints into the Winter expansion? Listen to VandV Podcast: Special Edition: Spring Summit Wrap Up podcast which contains an hour of content with current chairman @Seleene_Eve.
2. Chribba posted a screenshot of his Titan mining operations in lowsec.
3. I gasped at the sov map for a minute before discovering that there was a zero in the name.
4. Endless Space, a 4X turn based space strategy game, has been recieving a lot of my attention over the past month. The Beta is available right now on Steam and patches have been coming out every week or so with balances, new UI elements, and bug fixes.
I’m really interested in this game because the same game format is XML that is compressed in a .bin file. You can uncompress it with 7-Zip and then edit it in Notepad++ to change planet or hero attributes, technologies, global events, or even star system locations. The mentality of the development team is one of openness with the community and they are very active on the forums while polishing up the Beta.
5. I’ve contacted some Tech2 manufactures and have started to buy in bulk. You can generally get 5-10% Jita price, which does nothing but increase your margins.
6. Since I haven’t been actively playing much this month, I put some idle BPOs into copy research for some very passive income. There are idle or low wait empire copy slots, you just have to look for them. Hint: go to lowsec. I just know one of these days I will encounter a smartbomb.
7. To help solidify my claim as a bittervet, I picked up some Anaconda Mines.
8. I have an itch for a large scale public investment project, but lack any type of formal finance training. I wish Eve had a stock market so people could invest in my trading and manufacturing operation. I don’t have any idea of where to start, what the payout would be, or how to manage risk when you start to work with other people’s money; I would not want to be Eve Bank 2.0.