1. Interested in the current tone of CSM-CCP relationship, the future of industry, and hints into the Winter expansion? Listen to VandV Podcast: Special Edition: Spring Summit Wrap Up podcast which contains an hour of content with current chairman @Seleene_Eve.
2. Chribba posted a screenshot of his Titan mining operations in lowsec.
3. I gasped at the sov map for a minute before discovering that there was a zero in the name.
4. Endless Space, a 4X turn based space strategy game, has been recieving a lot of my attention over the past month. The Beta is available right now on Steam and patches have been coming out every week or so with balances, new UI elements, and bug fixes.
I’m really interested in this game because the same game format is XML that is compressed in a .bin file. You can uncompress it with 7-Zip and then edit it in Notepad++ to change planet or hero attributes, technologies, global events, or even star system locations. The mentality of the development team is one of openness with the community and they are very active on the forums while polishing up the Beta.
5. I’ve contacted some Tech2 manufactures and have started to buy in bulk. You can generally get 5-10% Jita price, which does nothing but increase your margins.
6. Since I haven’t been actively playing much this month, I put some idle BPOs into copy research for some very passive income. There are idle or low wait empire copy slots, you just have to look for them. Hint: go to lowsec. I just know one of these days I will encounter a smartbomb.
7. To help solidify my claim as a bittervet, I picked up some Anaconda Mines.
8. I have an itch for a large scale public investment project, but lack any type of formal finance training. I wish Eve had a stock market so people could invest in my trading and manufacturing operation. I don’t have any idea of where to start, what the payout would be, or how to manage risk when you start to work with other people’s money; I would not want to be Eve Bank 2.0.
Build 362741 has been pushed to the test server, with a branch name of Tranquility. I will attempt to keep a list of changes here so bookmark this post.
Preliminary Size: 306 MB
Launcher update to 1.202
I was prompted for a DirectX install after the Launcher updated.
Security status of drone regions has been rebalanced
Rogue drones no longer drop loot, but have bounties
Incursion site rebalancing
Behind-the-scenes work on aggression flagging, killmails, etc.
Loot-rights UI – container colouring should be more consistent when owners log off/jump/dock
Current iteration of titan changes
New file format for objects, with faster loading times
Buff bar notification panel implemented beside HUD
Chat channels can now be locally cleared and the MOTD reloaded
Your own market orders can now be highlighted. To enable this, a setting checkbox needs to be checked in the market settings tab. The orders marked as yours have “modify order” option added to their menu
Quickbar entries can have text added to them
Your active ship will no longer show as available in Contracts
Deselect/Select all function added when arranging items in contracts
There is now a “Client” submenu in the transaction logs
A few improvements have been made to the quickbar in the market. Now items can be dropped on the quickbar tab, it’s possible to multiselect items in the quickbar, items in the quickbar can be “copied” over to another folder by CTRL dragging them to the folder, and now asset items can be added to the quickbar.
There is a new hairstyle available for female characters.
The ‘Pose’ icons within character creation and re-customization now display a clearer representation of the actual pose.
The “leaf” groups in the market can now be collapsed like all the other groups.
The most common user interface elements used to represent players can now be dragged over to various edit fields to add the characters name.
‘Select Station’ window for remote market orders now has 2 columns, station name and number jumps, and it’s possible to sort the list by either one of columns
Entries in most table like scrolls can be copied with CTRL+c. If entries are selected, only those will be copied, but if nothing is selected and the focus is on the scroll, all the entries are copied.
Hints that only repeated the text in the scroll entry been removed.
There is now a right click option on the group/category trace in market details which allows you to find that group in the browse tab
Market now shows Faction/Officer/Deadspace loot
1. Officer/Deadspace/Faction on Market
2. Stealth Bomber V3 Update
Not on Test server yet.
3. Drone Rat Bounties
Drone Queen 1.85 M
Patriach 1.55 M
Drone Creator 1.4 M
Drone Ruler 1.25 M
Drone Controller 500k
Domination Drone 950k
Spearhead Drone 800k
Swarm Preserver 650k
Exterminator Drone 225k
Viral Infector 80k
Strain Splinter 25.5k
Striker Drone 205k
Siege Drone 215k
Kalestra Cable link
4. Status Effects Notification Panel
Note: Remote Armor/Shield/Hull/Energy do not show up. Only E-war at this time.
Due to resource constraints we did a minimal implementation that is mean to be iterated on based on your feedback. Currently it is only tracking negative effects directed against you (debuffs). The plan is to include more things if this goes well and include assist modules and possibly even damage dealt to you.
The immediate goal is to make aggression against you visible and help you react to those that do. There is a lot we want to do more and we have scheduled time to iterate on this so please keep the comments coming
CCP Frellicus link
Additionally you can right click on the effect and get options for that pilot.
5. Text Trail-off Shading on Overview
It’s intentional and not… the fading is intentional, but it was not really supposed to go out in Escalation but Inferno and the change has been reverted for now. So soon you will see it change back to the way it’s on TQ.
CCP karkur link
6. Rumored Drake Rebalance
7. Missile Launchers
Not on Test server yet.
8. Reload MOTD and Clear options on Chat channels
9. Drone Region Security Status Adjustment
Details in Carebearing 2.0 Devblog.
Etherium Reach got hit particularly hard because it was one of the best truesec regions in the game (-0.60 vs -0.64 for The Spire and Perrigen Falls, and just behind Deklein at -0.61, with the next-nearest non-drone region being Branch at -0.51), despite having a direct connection to Empire. It doesn’t have a hisec connection, so it’s more of a Tribute than a Pure Blind, but that’s balanced to some degree by having a connection to both Molden Heath and The Forge. It got the biggest adjustment because its sec values were the most out of line from what you’d expect anywhere else in EVE.
CCP Greyscale link further clarification
10. Engine Trail Consistency
Deimos now has blue trails.
11. Titan Adjustments
Current / Proposed
12. Market Order Highlighting
CCP karkur has confimed that this will be in soon(tm).
“Hmmm… no, the option is not there. It was checked in very recently and was integrated later. You should see it soon :P”
Looks like this made it into build 360692:
Looks a little rough. The highlight is a bar around your order. No editing done to the image below, just a crop.
Looks like there will be a change coming:
13. Bug Reporting Bug
14. Contract Select
New buttons for Select All / Deselect All.
15. Rename Quickbar Item
16. Incursion Balancing
Yes, but I need to get more details on this.
Update: Find something new? Comment here or @k162space on twitter.