1. Interested in the current tone of CSM-CCP relationship, the future of industry, and hints into the Winter expansion? Listen to VandV Podcast: Special Edition: Spring Summit Wrap Up podcast which contains an hour of content with current chairman @Seleene_Eve.
2. Chribba posted a screenshot of his Titan mining operations in lowsec.
3. I gasped at the sov map for a minute before discovering that there was a zero in the name.
4. Endless Space, a 4X turn based space strategy game, has been recieving a lot of my attention over the past month. The Beta is available right now on Steam and patches have been coming out every week or so with balances, new UI elements, and bug fixes.
I’m really interested in this game because the same game format is XML that is compressed in a .bin file. You can uncompress it with 7-Zip and then edit it in Notepad++ to change planet or hero attributes, technologies, global events, or even star system locations. The mentality of the development team is one of openness with the community and they are very active on the forums while polishing up the Beta.
5. I’ve contacted some Tech2 manufactures and have started to buy in bulk. You can generally get 5-10% Jita price, which does nothing but increase your margins.
6. Since I haven’t been actively playing much this month, I put some idle BPOs into copy research for some very passive income. There are idle or low wait empire copy slots, you just have to look for them. Hint: go to lowsec. I just know one of these days I will encounter a smartbomb.
7. To help solidify my claim as a bittervet, I picked up some Anaconda Mines.
8. I have an itch for a large scale public investment project, but lack any type of formal finance training. I wish Eve had a stock market so people could invest in my trading and manufacturing operation. I don’t have any idea of where to start, what the payout would be, or how to manage risk when you start to work with other people’s money; I would not want to be Eve Bank 2.0.
Raiden. has stood down in Tenal and the CFC is currently working through structure grinding in order to conquer it. According to my intel channels, Tenal will be back in RAZOR Alliance‘s hands in 2 weeks.
I find the current Tenal situation reminicent of the CFC Branch campaign. After a few major battles, White Noise. stood down and the only thing left to do was to structure grind. Hundreds of Maelstroms and Supers were used to blob and grind.
In order to express the magnitude of work that needed to be done, a unit of measurement was coined.
Maelstrom Hour – noun.
The amount of damage a T2 gun, perfect skill, and always in optimal Maelstrom produces in an hour.
20 Billion HPs were required to conquer Branch, which comes out to about 7,407 Maelstrom Hours. Given an average fleet size of 100 Maelstroms, that equals 148 hours of fleet time — or over 6 days of non-stop shooting (credit for this post goes to Lake on Kugutsumen.com for the research).
With sovereignty being looked at in the upcoming expansions, there cannot be more higher HP structures. The answer to this mechanic has always been n+1, bring more of the things.
What are the alternatives?
I’m not an expert on Dominion-style sovereignty warfare so any links to constructive threads would be welcome.