Yesterday a new outpost went up in Querious in F2OY-X.
If you listen to the June 28 State of the Alliance (soundcloud.com) address from TEST leadership, you will learn that TEST originally requested that Goons not get involved in their ‘Good Fight’ campaign.
Now that things have escalated, Goons are on the field and are going to be entrenched in this campaign. Since a large numbers of Goon corporations need a place to call home, and a Gallente Office is the best Outpost choice since it contains the most number of offices.
Banlish on kugutsumen.com has been documenting Outpost builds and their political significance for a while now. Here is a recent quote from him on the reason this outpost went up and what it means for the war:
When I was living in Querious leading AtlasDOT and then into leading in FAIL I tried to push forward the idea to the AAA block that to control Delve/PB/Querious they should put office outposts in EVERY single system that connected to NPC delve. I was shot down time after time and no one would listen to me, being able to make every fleet that left 1DH or 319 run past an office outpost controlled by the different alliances in the SoCo would make life there a living hell… …
With F2O now having a station, only 4 other locations remain to put office outposts up and totally ruin the ability for the SoCo to pretty much ever take back the Delve core. … the outpost Goons put down is in SUCH a good place to fucking ruin everyone’s day. … Surrounding NPC 0.0 with office outposts is a good way to beat on the people that take refuge there…
In addition to this post, Banlish is a welth of political knowledge and he has many comments in the large, large thread called 0.0 Politics Discussion.
In January of 2010 during the purge of Cloud Ring, Goons established control by dropping a Gallente outpost in B-DBYQ. It seems like this strategy works and so we are seeing it again with the Delve campaign.
Side Note: I’ve found some gems of history about other regions and Outposts. As I find them, l will link them here:
After I get home from work and eat dinner, I usually only have around an hour a night that I can dedicate to Eve. This open hour doesn’t give me a lot of time to participate in any of the large TEST fleets so I am going to help out the war in a different way. In addition to the spaceship war, I am going to launch a fiancial war on the current residents of Delve, Querious, and Period Basis.
One of my trading alts is going to fly around and mess up the markets. I’m going to polish off his skills so I can have region-wide abilities to buy, sell, and modify prices.
Here are some rough goals:
- Drive up the prices of doctrine items
- Buy out stocks of ships, ammo, guns, and fuel
- Undercut to drive out logistical people that stock markets
I’m going to start with 31B in funds and possibly scale up to 50B depending on how successful this becomes.
I have never done any type of mass manipulation on this scale so there is a high risk that it will not be successful. I will try to document any significant advancements in my campaign here so stay tuned.
A recent forum post on the official forms included some rabble rabble about how people should not move PLEXes out of stations. Yes, you shouldn’t have to move them around because anyone can have an alt in a trade hub to easily inject them into your account. However, people are lazy. You can make a small profit off of this because it is bothersome to some to login on an alt, check prices, or shop around.
Here are some trading numbers for my ventures with PLEX. Almost all of the 44 traded ones were moved to other stations.
1. Interested in the current tone of CSM-CCP relationship, the future of industry, and hints into the Winter expansion? Listen to VandV Podcast: Special Edition: Spring Summit Wrap Up podcast which contains an hour of content with current chairman @Seleene_Eve.
2. Chribba posted a screenshot of his Titan mining operations in lowsec.
3. I gasped at the sov map for a minute before discovering that there was a zero in the name.
4. Endless Space, a 4X turn based space strategy game, has been recieving a lot of my attention over the past month. The Beta is available right now on Steam and patches have been coming out every week or so with balances, new UI elements, and bug fixes.
I’m really interested in this game because the same game format is XML that is compressed in a .bin file. You can uncompress it with 7-Zip and then edit it in Notepad++ to change planet or hero attributes, technologies, global events, or even star system locations. The mentality of the development team is one of openness with the community and they are very active on the forums while polishing up the Beta.
5. I’ve contacted some Tech2 manufactures and have started to buy in bulk. You can generally get 5-10% Jita price, which does nothing but increase your margins.
6. Since I haven’t been actively playing much this month, I put some idle BPOs into copy research for some very passive income. There are idle or low wait empire copy slots, you just have to look for them. Hint: go to lowsec. I just know one of these days I will encounter a smartbomb.
7. To help solidify my claim as a bittervet, I picked up some Anaconda Mines.
8. I have an itch for a large scale public investment project, but lack any type of formal finance training. I wish Eve had a stock market so people could invest in my trading and manufacturing operation. I don’t have any idea of where to start, what the payout would be, or how to manage risk when you start to work with other people’s money; I would not want to be Eve Bank 2.0.