Some 60 Aideron Robotics pilots gathered in order to save two Rorquals from Caldari lowsec last night. Kirith Kodachi has an outline of the rescue operation here.
I spent a few hours moving a Rorqual to my new home system and almost got caught making a fatal mistake because of my lack of knowledge regarding standings if you are in Factional Warfare. It turns out that standings can affect where you dock when you are in FW.
Since this was my first capital operation since the Phoebe expansion, I wasn’t prepared for the amount of jumps Dotlan pulled it. I was thinking that it was going to be a simple 2-3 jump operation, but actually came out to 7.
Everything was going according to plan until I hit the Ofstold system, which is an Amarr system.
[ 2014.12.06 06:40:34 ] (info) You have been denied access for the following reason: The Amarr Empire denies access to Factional Warfare enemies. Either assist the Minmatar Republic to capture this system or retire from the war.
I paused for a second, let out an audible curse, and checked local — empty. The quickly formulated backup plan that came to mind was to warp to the sun, create a safe inline, and warp to the newly created safe. If someone came into local, I was going to log off and wait them out until I got my cyno character in position in the next system.
I was able to get my character in position in the next system, wait out the 12 minute fatigue timer, and safely land on the next station.
Even if you have been playing Eve for 5 years, there are still areas of the game that surprise me. I was quite lucky that the system that I could not dock in was currently empty.
The Bowhead is a great addition to the Eve lineup. I finally got the chance to play around with the ship on the test server today. I’m excited to see these around space and on killboards.
After waiting for a few research jobs to finish up, I tore down the Highsec research POS and consolidated all the materials used for capital production. I am not sure about the viability of Lowsec capital production with the upcoming changes in the Crius expansion slated for July 22nd.
Presently I have more questions than answers.
- How is the mandated refine differential between High-Low-Null going to affect build prices?
- Will Low-Null mining become a profession that can compete with ore import costs from Highsec?
- How will the general population buy capitals if the majority of them start to be delivered in sovereign Nullsec space?
- Are the logistics of moving compressed ore from Highsec into Low-Null going to be worth the ::effort::?
- Will capital prices eventually trend upward due to the lack of construction in Lowsec and cause Lowsec operations to become competitive with Nullsec?
- Will Nullsec entities provide protection for large-scale mining operations in their space?
- Will a competitive NPC Nullsec-Lowsec market spring up around major construction hubs?
I haven’t had the time or inclination to research these topics in depth; I hope to become motivated when the Crius changes start to hit the test server.
Release date: Tuesday, June 3rd, 2014.
These changes have been pushed to the Crius release on July 22nd.
- Building Better Worlds
- Industry UI
- Researching, the Future
- The Price of Change
- Team Up: Industry Work Teams
- Fortune Favors the Bold
- Drone Changes [devblog]
- POS gunning skill to only require Anchoring 4 instead of Anchoring 5 [reddit] [dev post]
- FW Plex Cloaking Change [reddit] [dev post]
- Phoenix and Citadel Missiles Change [reddit] [dev post] [fanfest slide]
- Freighter and Jump Freighter Rigging [reddit]
- POS ME Bonus [dev post]
- POS Changes [dev post]
- Factional Warfare Complex Improvements [reddit] [dev post] [dev post update]
- More lowsec K-K wormholes [dev post]
- Hull Rigs [dev post]
- Exploration loot spew removal [dev post]
- Faction drone modules [reddit] [imgur]
- Dreadnought Signature Radius increase [dev post]
- Freighter and Jump Freighter [reddit] [dev post]
- Blockade Runner [reddit] [dev post]
- Medium Micro Jump Drives [reddit] [dev post]
- Loot Scattering removed [reddit] [dev post]
- Pirate Implants [reddit] [dev post]
- Hyperspatial Accelerators Modules [reddit] [pastebin]
- Active mid slot scanning modules [reddit]
- Supercarrier changes [reddit] [news post]
- Right-click Menu Update [reddit] [youtube]
- Warp in/out animations [reddit] [gif]
- Faction Station Skins
- Team Pirate Unicorns Tooltip changes [dev post]
- Lens Flare Adjustments [dev post]
- UI Little Things [dev post]
- Audio Customization [dev post]
- Dominix redesign [reddit] [imgur]
- Moa redesign [reddit]
- Typhoon redesign [reddit]
- Condor / Crow / Raptor redesign [reddit]
- Mordus Legion [dev post]
- Prospect [reddit] [dev blog]
- 20 Ship Skins [dev post]
- Alliance Tournament XII Ships
- New skins [imgur]
- Dogma, the name for the system that calculates ship bonuses, refactoring to improve performance
We got hit with two industry Devblogs today as it looks like CCP is going to try to publish all six industry related blogs before Fanfest. On page 9 for the comments for the Researching, the Future post, CCP Greyscale made a comment on how much Tech 2 BPOs dominate the market.
Right, Mastadon, Claymore, Claw etc are BPO-dominated, so in practice all this means is more throughput and (presumably) cheaper prices.
Huginn and Muninn are in the area of concern, where we might end up warping the market a little.
Broadsword’s not a concern because it was released in Trinity (winter 2007) and to the best of my knowledge we stopped putting new ship BPOs into the lottery in Revelations 1 (winter 2006). If that market’s uncompetitive, it’s because of your fellow inventors, not BPO owners 🙂
It is with a heavy heart that we must say goodbye to 425mm Railgun I mineral compression. The broken mechanic of mineral compression is finally going away as outlined in CCP Ytterbium’s Reprocess all the things! post.
This change affects our nullsec/lowsec capital production line to the point where we have to change our entire material acquisition, hauling, and building operations around.
Raath and I have spent a few hours talking about how to rework the production lines, but we can’t come up with a acceptable solution at the moment. We’re going to be halting our production lines and are going to take a small break. Hopefully some more changes come out around Fanfest time that will inspire us.
I am in no way against this change. It is a very positive one and has been needed for years so I welcome the new challenges we’re going to have with getting minerals around the Universe.