spotmarket Graph SamplePosted: 2016-06-07 Filed under: nullsec, pvp, python, spotmarket | Tags: amarr, branch, deklein, dodixie, fade, guristas, jita, pure blind, rens, tenal, the forge, tribute, venal Leave a comment
What’s data without some graphs? Here is a small snip of the graphing that is currently in the spotmarket project.
2016-01-13 to 2016-06-07
2016-01-13 to 2016-06-07
Jumps in Trade Hubs
Jumps and NPC Activity in The Northern Regions
Gurista Ratting Rates
NPC Universe Overview
First pass at a map using D3.js inspired by HelicityBoson at http://www.machine9.net/?p=1111.
Empires of EvePosted: 2016-04-07 Filed under: eveonline, history, nullsec 1 Comment
My copy of Empires of Eve arrived today so here are some unboxing shots. If you can get the hardcover edition, purchase it. The finish quality and artwork really stands out.
3 Months of Manufacturing Index Changes for DekleinPosted: 2014-10-28 Filed under: industry, nullsec | Tags: deklein, VFK-IV Leave a comment
I’ve started to accumulate a decent amount of daily index data and have started to use it to look at larger trends. Here’s a snapshot of Deklein region over the past 97 days.
One Month of Nullsec Manufacturing Index ChangesPosted: 2014-08-27 Filed under: eveonline, industry, nullsec 1 Comment
tl;dr The amount of Nullsec manufacturing has increased from July 23rd to August 23rd.
The evolution towards independent, self-sustainable manufacturing in Nullsec is an area of high interest to me. I want trade and manufacturing hubs to develop beyond what we have today, but given the need to import materials for invention and Tech 2 production, I don’t see it happening given the current industrial framework.
I wanted to see if the steps taken in Crius were moving us in the right direction so I turned to my data. I’ve been recording the system Index data from the API on an almost daily basis so I joined this data with sovereignty data to see if Nullsec manufacturing has been increasing.
The top 50 corporations by sum of their production have shown an increase on average of 46%. The overall change for all corporations has been 114%.
The full table is available below with conditional formatting placed on a narrow band excluding outliers to better visualize the changes.
Capital Production PausedPosted: 2014-06-04 Filed under: industry, market, nullsec, ships | Tags: archon, chimera, moros, naglfar, nidhoggur, revelation, thanatos 1 Comment
After waiting for a few research jobs to finish up, I tore down the Highsec research POS and consolidated all the materials used for capital production. I am not sure about the viability of Lowsec capital production with the upcoming changes in the Crius expansion slated for July 22nd.
Presently I have more questions than answers.
- How is the mandated refine differential between High-Low-Null going to affect build prices?
- Will Low-Null mining become a profession that can compete with ore import costs from Highsec?
- How will the general population buy capitals if the majority of them start to be delivered in sovereign Nullsec space?
- Are the logistics of moving compressed ore from Highsec into Low-Null going to be worth the ::effort::?
- Will capital prices eventually trend upward due to the lack of construction in Lowsec and cause Lowsec operations to become competitive with Nullsec?
- Will Nullsec entities provide protection for large-scale mining operations in their space?
- Will a competitive NPC Nullsec-Lowsec market spring up around major construction hubs?
I haven’t had the time or inclination to research these topics in depth; I hope to become motivated when the Crius changes start to hit the test server.