What’s data without some graphs? Here is a small snip of the graphing that is currently in the spotmarket project.
2016-01-13 to 2016-06-07
2016-01-13 to 2016-06-07
Jumps in Trade Hubs
Jumps and NPC Activity in The Northern Regions
Gurista Ratting Rates
NPC Universe Overview
My copy of Empires of Eve arrived today so here are some unboxing shots. If you can get the hardcover edition, purchase it. The finish quality and artwork really stands out.
I’ve started to accumulate a decent amount of daily index data and have started to use it to look at larger trends. Here’s a snapshot of Deklein region over the past 97 days.
tl;dr The amount of Nullsec manufacturing has increased from July 23rd to August 23rd.
The evolution towards independent, self-sustainable manufacturing in Nullsec is an area of high interest to me. I want trade and manufacturing hubs to develop beyond what we have today, but given the need to import materials for invention and Tech 2 production, I don’t see it happening given the current industrial framework.
I wanted to see if the steps taken in Crius were moving us in the right direction so I turned to my data. I’ve been recording the system Index data from the API on an almost daily basis so I joined this data with sovereignty data to see if Nullsec manufacturing has been increasing.
The top 50 corporations by sum of their production have shown an increase on average of 46%. The overall change for all corporations has been 114%.
The full table is available below with conditional formatting placed on a narrow band excluding outliers to better visualize the changes.
After waiting for a few research jobs to finish up, I tore down the Highsec research POS and consolidated all the materials used for capital production. I am not sure about the viability of Lowsec capital production with the upcoming changes in the Crius expansion slated for July 22nd.
Presently I have more questions than answers.
- How is the mandated refine differential between High-Low-Null going to affect build prices?
- Will Low-Null mining become a profession that can compete with ore import costs from Highsec?
- How will the general population buy capitals if the majority of them start to be delivered in sovereign Nullsec space?
- Are the logistics of moving compressed ore from Highsec into Low-Null going to be worth the ::effort::?
- Will capital prices eventually trend upward due to the lack of construction in Lowsec and cause Lowsec operations to become competitive with Nullsec?
- Will Nullsec entities provide protection for large-scale mining operations in their space?
- Will a competitive NPC Nullsec-Lowsec market spring up around major construction hubs?
I haven’t had the time or inclination to research these topics in depth; I hope to become motivated when the Crius changes start to hit the test server.
Release date: Tuesday, June 3rd, 2014.
These changes have been pushed to the Crius release on July 22nd.
- Building Better Worlds
- Industry UI
- Researching, the Future
- The Price of Change
- Team Up: Industry Work Teams
- Fortune Favors the Bold
- Drone Changes [devblog]
- POS gunning skill to only require Anchoring 4 instead of Anchoring 5 [reddit] [dev post]
- FW Plex Cloaking Change [reddit] [dev post]
- Phoenix and Citadel Missiles Change [reddit] [dev post] [fanfest slide]
- Freighter and Jump Freighter Rigging [reddit]
- POS ME Bonus [dev post]
- POS Changes [dev post]
- Factional Warfare Complex Improvements [reddit] [dev post] [dev post update]
- More lowsec K-K wormholes [dev post]
- Hull Rigs [dev post]
- Exploration loot spew removal [dev post]
- Faction drone modules [reddit] [imgur]
- Dreadnought Signature Radius increase [dev post]
- Freighter and Jump Freighter [reddit] [dev post]
- Blockade Runner [reddit] [dev post]
- Medium Micro Jump Drives [reddit] [dev post]
- Loot Scattering removed [reddit] [dev post]
- Pirate Implants [reddit] [dev post]
- Hyperspatial Accelerators Modules [reddit] [pastebin]
- Active mid slot scanning modules [reddit]
- Supercarrier changes [reddit] [news post]
- Right-click Menu Update [reddit] [youtube]
- Warp in/out animations [reddit] [gif]
- Faction Station Skins
- Team Pirate Unicorns Tooltip changes [dev post]
- Lens Flare Adjustments [dev post]
- UI Little Things [dev post]
- Audio Customization [dev post]
- Dominix redesign [reddit] [imgur]
- Moa redesign [reddit]
- Typhoon redesign [reddit]
- Condor / Crow / Raptor redesign [reddit]
- Mordus Legion [dev post]
- Prospect [reddit] [dev blog]
- 20 Ship Skins [dev post]
- Alliance Tournament XII Ships
- New skins [imgur]
- Dogma, the name for the system that calculates ship bonuses, refactoring to improve performance
CCP has released two out of the six Devblog posts aimed at industrialists detailing changes for the upcoming Summer expansion. We’re seeing sweeping changes to the way logistics are done for capital ships, station research, POS anchoring limitations, BPO security concerns, and how inventors are going to be given a boost with BPC copy rates. Lockefox has a great summary of the concerns in his Everything Is Changing post.
Given the ideology coming out of the Dev Blogs to empower Nullsec industrialists while kicking Lowsec in the knees, I wanted to see how much of my industrial gameplay occurs in Lowsec — Is CCP killing my game?
Summary of profit grouped by solar system with profit numbers obfuscated.
— Get Profit per Station By Solar System including Region
SELECT SUM(profit), mapDenormalize.itemName, mapSolarSystems.solarSystemName, mapRegions.regionName, AVG(mapDenormalize.security)
ON (wallet.stationID = mapDenormalize.itemID)
ON (mapDenormalize.regionID = mapRegions.regionID)
ON (mapDenormalize.solarSystemID = mapSolarSystems.solarSystemID)
GROUP BY wallet.stationID
ORDER BY sum(profit) DESC
It turns out that Lowsec only accounts for 7% of our profits to date so I can’t complain about the nerf that is going to hit Lowsec capital builders given the upcoming compression changes.
The changes to compression are a welcomed change, even if it means retiring or heavily modifying the logistical chain for Lowsec capital production. I have a feeling that there are going to be more major changes in the next four upcoming Devblog posts. Stay tuned.