The color shift indicates that manufacturing is spreading out and the landscape is starting to adjust to new levels. 67 systems have gone up more than 1% and 21 are down more than 1%.
Here’s a snapshot of the top 50 systems.
Looking at a 24 hour range in the manufacturing index data, it looks like people have started to move out of major manufacturing centers as the top 50 list has showing a drop across the board.
Here is a look at the biggest changes in the one day period. There has been a large amount of increase in many differing systems also indicating that manufacturing is spreading out.
With manufacturing data now being exposed over the new CREST API at http://public-crest.eveonline.com/, I spend some time working with the data to see how the initial layout of the land is on the first day of the new Crius expansion.
As expected the top ten regions for manufacturing are in Highsec with the outlaying regions of nullsec barely producing anything at the moment. I’ll be monitoring changes to if things shakeup.
Focusing on the top 40 systems shows that the majority are in The Forge, Lonetrek, and The Citadel.
One of my favorite trading techniques is to buy items in one area and sell them in another area at an increased price. Source your goods in Jita or Amarr and sell them in another area that has a unique trait. What is a unique trait? Well, some examples are systems that are hard to reach, high traffic areas that border lowsec/nullsec, alliance home systems, known centers for PVP activity, or major PVE areas.
The following will demonstrate how to construct a spreadsheet to gauge market potential.
- Jita = Price in Jita
- Target = Price at target station
- Difference = Jita – Traget
- Margin = ((Target/Jita)-1)*100
- Move =
- Switch to the Price History Tab in the Eve client
- Switch to 3 Months
- Select the Table view
- Select all the data with Ctrl + A
- Paste into your spreadsheet program
- Create a cell that has an Average of the Quantity column
- Use this number for the Move(d) value
- Potential(d) = Difference * Move(d)
- Move(m) = Move(d) * 30
- Potential(m) = Potential(d) * 30
As you develop your spreadsheet, you can start to notice outliers. Certain items will have nice margins, but will never move. Some items may move, but have a poor return. It is your goal to find the ones that have good movement with a nice return.
I wanted to test out my market research so I setup shop in a station and started to import items. In my test region, I’m successfully getting 59% of the total traffic for the region given the items I am targeting bringing in on average 103.8 M profit/day, or around 3.1 B/month.
Is is more profitable to build a Carrier from BPCs or BPOs? That question was the initial spark that started my interest in capital production in 2011. Using a BPC copy pack from the market was hardly profitable so I made a plan to own and operate a set of capital BPOs.
Over time as profits started to materialize, more BPOs were purchased to round out production queues. Carrier success then started to bleed into Dreadnought production. With the upcoming industry changes in the Crius expansion, the fate of my capital operation is unknown so I have paused the project.
Here are the final numbers for almost 3 years (2.93 to be exact) of capital production. Note that Dreadnought production was a recent addition, only starting in mid-2013. Special tribute goes to my industry partner, Raath, as he was the lead on this massive project.
tl;dr Build Naglfars and Archons.
Naglfar sales in Delve outperformed all other types and regions yet showed the most standard deviation.
The Naglfar outperformed every other hull type when it came to profitability per time period. This is due to the balance update it received in the Odyssey update where it became a viable doctrine ship. The Archon, due to the popularity of the Slowcat doctrine, was also solid performer.
After waiting for a few research jobs to finish up, I tore down the Highsec research POS and consolidated all the materials used for capital production. I am not sure about the viability of Lowsec capital production with the upcoming changes in the Crius expansion slated for July 22nd.
Presently I have more questions than answers.
- How is the mandated refine differential between High-Low-Null going to affect build prices?
- Will Low-Null mining become a profession that can compete with ore import costs from Highsec?
- How will the general population buy capitals if the majority of them start to be delivered in sovereign Nullsec space?
- Are the logistics of moving compressed ore from Highsec into Low-Null going to be worth the ::effort::?
- Will capital prices eventually trend upward due to the lack of construction in Lowsec and cause Lowsec operations to become competitive with Nullsec?
- Will Nullsec entities provide protection for large-scale mining operations in their space?
- Will a competitive NPC Nullsec-Lowsec market spring up around major construction hubs?
I haven’t had the time or inclination to research these topics in depth; I hope to become motivated when the Crius changes start to hit the test server.
Release date: Tuesday, June 3rd, 2014.
These changes have been pushed to the Crius release on July 22nd.
- Building Better Worlds
- Industry UI
- Researching, the Future
- The Price of Change
- Team Up: Industry Work Teams
- Fortune Favors the Bold
- Drone Changes [devblog]
- POS gunning skill to only require Anchoring 4 instead of Anchoring 5 [reddit] [dev post]
- FW Plex Cloaking Change [reddit] [dev post]
- Phoenix and Citadel Missiles Change [reddit] [dev post] [fanfest slide]
- Freighter and Jump Freighter Rigging [reddit]
- POS ME Bonus [dev post]
- POS Changes [dev post]
- Factional Warfare Complex Improvements [reddit] [dev post] [dev post update]
- More lowsec K-K wormholes [dev post]
- Hull Rigs [dev post]
- Exploration loot spew removal [dev post]
- Faction drone modules [reddit] [imgur]
- Dreadnought Signature Radius increase [dev post]
- Freighter and Jump Freighter [reddit] [dev post]
- Blockade Runner [reddit] [dev post]
- Medium Micro Jump Drives [reddit] [dev post]
- Loot Scattering removed [reddit] [dev post]
- Pirate Implants [reddit] [dev post]
- Hyperspatial Accelerators Modules [reddit] [pastebin]
- Active mid slot scanning modules [reddit]
- Supercarrier changes [reddit] [news post]
- Right-click Menu Update [reddit] [youtube]
- Warp in/out animations [reddit] [gif]
- Faction Station Skins
- Team Pirate Unicorns Tooltip changes [dev post]
- Lens Flare Adjustments [dev post]
- UI Little Things [dev post]
- Audio Customization [dev post]
- Dominix redesign [reddit] [imgur]
- Moa redesign [reddit]
- Typhoon redesign [reddit]
- Condor / Crow / Raptor redesign [reddit]
- Mordus Legion [dev post]
- Prospect [reddit] [dev blog]
- 20 Ship Skins [dev post]
- Alliance Tournament XII Ships
- New skins [imgur]
- Dogma, the name for the system that calculates ship bonuses, refactoring to improve performance