What’s In Your Hangar?Posted: 2012-05-07 Filed under: eveonline, nullsec, screenshot, ships | Tags: arbitrator, augoror, blackbird, bpc, bpo, drake, guardian, hurricane, inventory, maelstrom, me, Minmatar, moa, moros, oracle, pe, purifier, rifter, rupture, scythe, stabber, thanatos, thorax, vexor 2 Comments
I’m following the trend that Rixx Javix started and posting my goods. As mainly a trader and researcher, I don’t feel like I have a large fleet of PVP ships as I try to maintain a lean operation. ISK goes back into trading and manufacturing operations instead of sitting as a rusting Minmatar hull in a hangar.
I’ve blanked out the majority of my ship name but I’ll let you know that I name them all after Babylon 5 ship classes.
This character sits in Jita 4-4 and moves and/or ships items around. I think of this guy as the holding account.
(396) Various capital part BPCs left over from copying capital part BPOs for passive income
(293) Various Tech1 BPCs left over when I used to do Invention
(14) Invented Tech2 module BPCs
(5) Invented Anshar (ME -1) BPCs for JF building
Ishtar, Onyx, Phobos, Pilgrim Invented BPCs
(2) Jump Freighter
(5) Iteron Mark V
This character is working with around 290 BPOs worth around 13.59 B. I’ve always wanted to be able to produce anything in the game so I bought up the majority of the common module, frigate, and cruiser prints. The only Battlecruiser prints that I own is a set of the Tier3 ones. I have no intention to ever produce Drakes/Hurricanes due to their small profit margin. I also don’t own any Battleship prints as I like to fly T1/T2 cruiser hulls.
Capital Bittervet Pilot
I’m training this character to fly all four racial Interceptors, Recons, Logistics, and standard BCs. I also have him trained for the standard T2 Alpha Maelstrom because it is such a common request in nullsec fleets.
Inferno Change ListPosted: 2012-04-24 Filed under: eveonline, industry, market | Tags: amarr, drake, incursus, inferno, merlin, punisher, rifter, rigs, stealth bomber, tormentor, v3 7 Comments
Test builds are being deployed. I will attempt to keep a master list here so bookmark and refresh this post.
Patch Notes [link]
Patch Size: ~1.04 GB
Game of Drones:
Revamped the Inventory:
– Managing corporation items in a station
– All item management from POS structures done in space on grid
– All Inventory management in space (wrecks, opening other ship locations, etc)
– All Inventory management in stations (items, ships)
– This change does NOT affect the ASSETS window
– LP for kills
– Bunkers are now infrastructure hubs
– LP for all FW actions (capturing complexes, capturing infrastructures hubs, etc)
– New FW front page
– Consequences for capturing systems/regions (benefits for you, grief for your enemy)
– Capturing FW system affect SOV ownership
– Map filters for FW have been revamped
• New missile launchers and launch effects
• New missiles, trails and explosions
• New Stealth Bombers
• Amarr V3
o All sub capital Amarr ships, excluding T3 cruisers.
“14 different skintypes have been added to the Character Creator. This allows all bloodlines to have a wide range of skincolors.
These skintypes replace the previous skintones that allowed players to modify their skincolor a little bit.
A character can keep his/her current skintone, but as soon as a skintype has been applied and the character saved, one of the new skintypes has to be used.
The skintypes can only be applied with full recustomization, that is when you also have the option to resculpt your character, but the plan is to give everyone an optional full recustomization when this goes on TQ.”
• Updated Kill Reports (aka Kill Mails)
• Different war cost
• Corp CEO/Director declares wars, no voting required
• Alliance wars transfer to corps leaving
• No automatic war retraction by aggressor
• Wars last for week by default
• Either side can offer surrender in a war
• The defending side can get allies to help
• There is a place for people to find prospective allies/clients
• Players can now more easily track the war in the War Report
• All corps have publicly viewable war history
• Drone Damage module (Extrinsic Damage Amplifier)
• CPU Rigs (Small/Medium/Large Processor Overclocking Unit)
• Fueled Shield booster (Small/Medium/Large Ancillary Shield Booster), using Cap Boosters as charges
• Light and Medium Web drones
• Resistance shifting armor hardener (Armor Adaptive Hardener)
1. Frigate Rebalance [link]
Tormentor, Punisher, Merlin, Incursus, and Rifter changes.
2. New Modules
From Soundwave’s presentation at Fanfest, it sounded like the following modules are going to be included in Inferno. So far we only have this slide from FanFest and a long forum posts. [44:24]
Micro Jump Drive — Perhaps soon:
This list isn’t feature complete – more will come with time!
CCP Goliath link
Drone Damage module (Extrinsic Damage Amplifier)
CPU Rigs (Small/Medium/Large Processor Overclocking Unit)
Fueled Shield booster (Small/Medium/Large Ancillary Shield Booster), using Cap Boosters as charges
Light and Medium Web drones
Resistance shifting armor hardener (Armor Adaptive Hardener)
3. Missile Effects [link]
Youtube video starting at 3:30.
4. Missile Launchers [link]
5. Updated Kill Reports and War Reports
[initial concept devblog]
For a while, we’ve been talking about global killboards and all the awesome stuff that comes with it (leaderboards, weekly contests etc). Linking killmails in chat to other players means that you’ll effectively have access to that data, making our global killboard project slightly problematic. That, coupled with some security concerns means that we’ll have to withdraw linking killmails ingame.
Just to make it clear, we’re not pulling this feature because we don’t want you linking killmails, we’re pulling it because we have concerns about the impact on our global killboard project and making this massive amount of data available in a more graceful manner in terms of security etc.
It makes me sadface, but hopefully the tradeoff will be a better system down the road.
CCP Soundwave link
We fixed everything. You can now link killmails in chat! Thank Tuxford and Punkturis.
CCP Soundwave link
6. Unified Inventory UI [devblog]
7. Amarr v3 Ship Updates [preview youtube]
8. Updated Ship Models
[unofficial renders on youtube]
Overview Fading [link] Included in Escalation
10. War Mechanic Updates [devblog]
11. FW Changes [devblog]
Without going into exhaustive detail:
1. Cannot dock in stations that are in systems controlled by an enemy
– Example: Minmatar cannot dock in stations in a FW system controlled by the Amarr/Caldari
– You also cannot use station services if you docked before system flipped
– Ninja Edit: This does not affect neutrals
2. There are 5 levels of discounts for a number of different things – if you own the system and have upgraded it
– Medical clone discounts (from 10% in increments of 10 up to 50% discount)
– Number of assembly lines increases by 1 for every level
– All broker fees discounted (from 10% in increments of 10 up to 50%)
– NOTE: You only get these discounts in the FW system
– ADDENDUM: These discounts apply to neutrals not in FW
3. Militia store LP prices are affected by faction wide performance (discounts in increments of 10%)
– Note that Datacores have been split and moved in FW LP stores
– Pending implementation, LP gain increase for all ways in which LP can be gained in FW – FW Kills, FW Missions, Complexs etc
I do believe these are the most prominent consequences implemented/pending.
CCP RubberBAND link
12. War Costs
SoniClover stated earlier in this thread that the war cost formula on Sisi now is really old, we’ve updated it since internally and the new version should be on Sisi soon.
CCP Punkturis link
1. Drake Rebalance
2. Titan Rebalance
3. Technetium Rebalance
1. Destroyer and Battlecruiser Skill Rebalance
There will be no skill change for Inferno. Your destroyer and battlecruiser skills are safe for now. Battlecruisers will have to wait until we have rebalanced frigates and destroyers to have something clean to compare them with.
CCP Ytterbium link
2. Armor and Shield Rig Rebalance [link]
In conclusion, this is just too much controversial / poorly thought to be a first step to anything, we need to take a step back, breathe, and have a look at the whole passive versus active tanking situation through modules and ships as well as changing rigs before committing to more changes.
CCP Ytterbium link
Frigate ShenanigansPosted: 2011-08-04 Filed under: ships | Tags: firetail, frigate, hookbill, navy comet, rifter, slicer 11 Comments
To be honest with you, I’m not much of a PVP’er. I went right into Capital ships and trading to grow my wallet. Now I’ve got the urge to go fly around and blow things up.
I went through some of the popular fits on Battleclinic for the following ships and bought up some items.
- Caldari Navy Hookbill
- Federation Navy Comet
- Imperial Navy Slicer
- Republic Fleet Firetail
I know you may argue that Rockets are broken so the Navy ships are useless, but I’m more about the adventure on this experiment than actually looking to win 100% of the time.
I will of course post any stories about ridiculous kills and my adventure into PVP. Feel free to post any of your favorite Frigate ships setups! PEW PEW PEW!