Inferno Change ListPosted: 2012-04-24 Filed under: eveonline, industry, market | Tags: amarr, drake, incursus, inferno, merlin, punisher, rifter, rigs, stealth bomber, tormentor, v3 7 Comments
Test builds are being deployed. I will attempt to keep a master list here so bookmark and refresh this post.
Patch Notes [link]
Patch Size: ~1.04 GB
Game of Drones:
Revamped the Inventory:
– Managing corporation items in a station
– All item management from POS structures done in space on grid
– All Inventory management in space (wrecks, opening other ship locations, etc)
– All Inventory management in stations (items, ships)
– This change does NOT affect the ASSETS window
– LP for kills
– Bunkers are now infrastructure hubs
– LP for all FW actions (capturing complexes, capturing infrastructures hubs, etc)
– New FW front page
– Consequences for capturing systems/regions (benefits for you, grief for your enemy)
– Capturing FW system affect SOV ownership
– Map filters for FW have been revamped
• New missile launchers and launch effects
• New missiles, trails and explosions
• New Stealth Bombers
• Amarr V3
o All sub capital Amarr ships, excluding T3 cruisers.
“14 different skintypes have been added to the Character Creator. This allows all bloodlines to have a wide range of skincolors.
These skintypes replace the previous skintones that allowed players to modify their skincolor a little bit.
A character can keep his/her current skintone, but as soon as a skintype has been applied and the character saved, one of the new skintypes has to be used.
The skintypes can only be applied with full recustomization, that is when you also have the option to resculpt your character, but the plan is to give everyone an optional full recustomization when this goes on TQ.”
• Updated Kill Reports (aka Kill Mails)
• Different war cost
• Corp CEO/Director declares wars, no voting required
• Alliance wars transfer to corps leaving
• No automatic war retraction by aggressor
• Wars last for week by default
• Either side can offer surrender in a war
• The defending side can get allies to help
• There is a place for people to find prospective allies/clients
• Players can now more easily track the war in the War Report
• All corps have publicly viewable war history
• Drone Damage module (Extrinsic Damage Amplifier)
• CPU Rigs (Small/Medium/Large Processor Overclocking Unit)
• Fueled Shield booster (Small/Medium/Large Ancillary Shield Booster), using Cap Boosters as charges
• Light and Medium Web drones
• Resistance shifting armor hardener (Armor Adaptive Hardener)
1. Frigate Rebalance [link]
Tormentor, Punisher, Merlin, Incursus, and Rifter changes.
2. New Modules
From Soundwave’s presentation at Fanfest, it sounded like the following modules are going to be included in Inferno. So far we only have this slide from FanFest and a long forum posts. [44:24]
Micro Jump Drive — Perhaps soon:
This list isn’t feature complete – more will come with time!
CCP Goliath link
Drone Damage module (Extrinsic Damage Amplifier)
CPU Rigs (Small/Medium/Large Processor Overclocking Unit)
Fueled Shield booster (Small/Medium/Large Ancillary Shield Booster), using Cap Boosters as charges
Light and Medium Web drones
Resistance shifting armor hardener (Armor Adaptive Hardener)
3. Missile Effects [link]
Youtube video starting at 3:30.
4. Missile Launchers [link]
5. Updated Kill Reports and War Reports
[initial concept devblog]
For a while, we’ve been talking about global killboards and all the awesome stuff that comes with it (leaderboards, weekly contests etc). Linking killmails in chat to other players means that you’ll effectively have access to that data, making our global killboard project slightly problematic. That, coupled with some security concerns means that we’ll have to withdraw linking killmails ingame.
Just to make it clear, we’re not pulling this feature because we don’t want you linking killmails, we’re pulling it because we have concerns about the impact on our global killboard project and making this massive amount of data available in a more graceful manner in terms of security etc.
It makes me sadface, but hopefully the tradeoff will be a better system down the road.
CCP Soundwave link
We fixed everything. You can now link killmails in chat! Thank Tuxford and Punkturis.
CCP Soundwave link
6. Unified Inventory UI [devblog]
7. Amarr v3 Ship Updates [preview youtube]
8. Updated Ship Models
[unofficial renders on youtube]
Overview Fading [link] Included in Escalation
10. War Mechanic Updates [devblog]
11. FW Changes [devblog]
Without going into exhaustive detail:
1. Cannot dock in stations that are in systems controlled by an enemy
– Example: Minmatar cannot dock in stations in a FW system controlled by the Amarr/Caldari
– You also cannot use station services if you docked before system flipped
– Ninja Edit: This does not affect neutrals
2. There are 5 levels of discounts for a number of different things – if you own the system and have upgraded it
– Medical clone discounts (from 10% in increments of 10 up to 50% discount)
– Number of assembly lines increases by 1 for every level
– All broker fees discounted (from 10% in increments of 10 up to 50%)
– NOTE: You only get these discounts in the FW system
– ADDENDUM: These discounts apply to neutrals not in FW
3. Militia store LP prices are affected by faction wide performance (discounts in increments of 10%)
– Note that Datacores have been split and moved in FW LP stores
– Pending implementation, LP gain increase for all ways in which LP can be gained in FW – FW Kills, FW Missions, Complexs etc
I do believe these are the most prominent consequences implemented/pending.
CCP RubberBAND link
12. War Costs
SoniClover stated earlier in this thread that the war cost formula on Sisi now is really old, we’ve updated it since internally and the new version should be on Sisi soon.
CCP Punkturis link
1. Drake Rebalance
2. Titan Rebalance
3. Technetium Rebalance
1. Destroyer and Battlecruiser Skill Rebalance
There will be no skill change for Inferno. Your destroyer and battlecruiser skills are safe for now. Battlecruisers will have to wait until we have rebalanced frigates and destroyers to have something clean to compare them with.
CCP Ytterbium link
2. Armor and Shield Rig Rebalance [link]
In conclusion, this is just too much controversial / poorly thought to be a first step to anything, we need to take a step back, breathe, and have a look at the whole passive versus active tanking situation through modules and ships as well as changing rigs before committing to more changes.
CCP Ytterbium link
In today’s patch there are some Titan and Dreadnaught changes:
•Titans can now lock a maximum of three targets.
•XL turrets have had their signature resolution set to 2000m.
•Capital Turrets that are fitted to titans now have a new damage-scaling attribute; targets with a signature radius smaller than this size will take reduced damage from these turrets. This does not apply to dreadnaughts.
•Siege modules have had their tracking penalty removed.
Don’t forget the effects bar! http://community.eveonline.com/devblog.asp?a=blog&nbid=28603
9. Overview Fading
that update is already in Escalation of Inferno
A new text-fade effect is used in overview entries when fleet broadcast or electronic warfare indicators are visible and overlap the text. Also used in overview column headers when the sort triangle overlaps the text.
and I want to know more about New Modules.
because I can’t find the announcement about updating the New Modules
cant find anything about new modules either.
Datacores are what confuse me atm, are we losing r&d agents?
and faction warfare now the only place to get them?
or is factional warfare only getting a few types? like racial ship type datacores?
lastly what happens to an fw alliance or fw corp that plants a pos, would crazy things like remote science still be accesable? or remote manu still work?
lastly the effects thing is currently active ingame. and i have to say, its damn nice…
Just thinking about those New Modules………… Whoever make those new Modules first gonna reap quite a bit of profits.
Also if they happen to have T2 Versions, whoever is first to make those new Modules first gonna reap quite a bit of profits.
I like to say… Plan Ahead and have a Plan!