Vanguard Incursion FarmingPosted: 2012-01-20 Filed under: eveonline, screenshot, ships | Tags: basilisk, bhaalgorn, farming, incursion, machariel, nightmare, sansha, vanguard, vindicator 9 Comments
For an excellent guide on the methods for running Incursions, review Jester’s Introduction to Incursions Part 1, 2, 3, and 4.
Given that I have Logistics V, Caldari Cruiser V, Shield/Energy Emission Systems V, and Multitasking IV, I found my way into an Incursion fleet running a Basilisk for a Shield fleet. I had Monday off and took the time to grind out Vanguard sites for stupid amounts of ISK. Our average was a little low due to members changing ships, but we still managed to pull in 93 M/hour.
My impressions of Incursions sites is that they are very formulaic. As a Logistics pilot, here are the steps to complete a Vanguard site in 4-6 minutes if you have the proper fleet composition:
- Get on voice comms. This is so you can talk about how easy Vanguard sites are and how rich you are becoming every 4-6 minutes. In actuality, you will use voice comms to yell at Logistic pilots if they are not paying attention or if someone deviated from the prescribed kill order and triggered the next wave.
- Anchor warps in to the site first which is usually your FC.
- Everyone else warps in, lands.
- Orbit the Anchor at 5,000 and lock up all your friends.
- Watch to see who got aggression first and start repping them.
- Before the site is finished, the FC will post an align to the next site. Active align.
- Site ends and rats despawn, fleetwarp to the next one.
- Go to step 2 and repeat.
I do agree that a change should be made to the risk/reward of Vanguard sites. Different waves, site types, and perhaps lengthening the time it takes for Vanguard sites seem reasonable in order to increase the amount of effort for the ISK.
Deadspace Shield HardenersPosted: 2012-01-08 Filed under: market | Tags: deadspace, machariel, slave, tengu 2 Comments
Through Newb Eyes has a great post started about the upcoming changes on the test server that will be coming to Tranquility soon as part of the Crucible expansion. Watch that space as new items are deployed to the test server.
Of particular interest to me are the new Deadspace shield hardeners.
I have been holding off on purchasing a bunch of Caldari Navy Invulnerability Field modules for my Tengu and Incursion Machariel as the price differential between the Meta levels is currently too extreme. Expect the price of the Caldari Navy to fall as the new Deadspace ones start to come to market.
In the grander scheme of Eve, this is a small step forward to braining shield Capitals inline with their Armor tanking cousins. Hopefully a Slave variant set with shield bonuses is in the works.