Advertisements

Sins of a Gallente Pilot

While listening to Voices from the Void Episode 13 podcast, the topic of Hybrid balancing was brought up and I agree completely with what they stated about them. Blasters do insane amounts of damage… if you are 7.5k or closer to the target ship. Rails do moderate amounts… as long as your target is not moving.

I don’t hate Gallente, I just hate the subcapital non-drone dependent ships due to their reliance on Hybrids for DPS. The drone dependent ships such as the Ishkur, Ishtar, and especially the Thanatos rock and I love flying them.

Oh dear how did Exhumers get in there!

My mouth has been watering for a Strategic Cruiser for a while now and I just couldn’t justify the Proteus as a PVE ship (though seeing them melt ships at point blank range in AT9 was a-mazing). Scorch Legion? meh. Loki? Now that’s a nice PVP ship if you have the ISK to put on the line.

The agreed upon standard for running missions and sites in nullsec is the mightly Tengu. After rounding out some *sigh* shield and missile skills, I bought some goods.

Here’s the general PVE fit that I got from a friend. I might change out some of the items for higher Meta items since I have some spare ISK.

[Tengu, PVE Setup]

Tengu Defensive – Amplification Node
Tengu Electronics – Dissolution Sequencer
Tengu Engineering – Augmented Capacitor Reservoir
Tengu Offensive – Accelerated Ejection Bay
Tengu Propulsion – Gravitational Capacitor

Advertisements

10 Comments on “Sins of a Gallente Pilot”

1. Personally, I would not bother with the fourth BCU as the stacking penalty makes it next to insignificant, and instead I would put in a Damage Control II for AWESOME-TANKING-BONUS goodness.

2. Agree on the DCU.

Also, if this is for missions, I”d consider dropping your LSE II for another one of them small shield boosters, the dual-SB setup is a popular one that’s easily cap stable and has slightly higher tank, and a mix of buffer/active isn’t exactly the best way to go. The only time I’d fit a LSE with a small shield booster is if I’m using my speed tanking fit and can’t kill the majority of the spawn before reaching half shield, or if I get webbed and need to rep up real quick before i can kill the webbers.

3. Valarie says:

Domination Shield Amp ftw… On a T3, it is so worth the 50mil ish (I forget the real price)

4. Klann Schreck says:

use a T2 medium. Its all you need and the constant strapping deadspace boosters to ratting tengus thing is giving me conniptions. and consider strapping a target painter to it for killing small things and helping to nullify the damage reductions inherent with missiles

5. Serpentine Logic says:

Tech 2 Rigor rigs please.

6. Snipereagle says:

Yeah… the Domination Ballistics & SB Amplifier are both worse than T2. Get on that training!

7. Naoru Kozan says:

You can swap the LSE for a Republic Fleet 10MN Afterburner. Just orbiting around the rats reduces a massive chunk of the incoming damage.

Oh and T2 rigs ARE worth it on a PVE fit. More DPS = More ISK/Hour.

8. szilardis says:

Medium Capacitor Control Circuit I

Tengu Defensive – Amplification Node
    Tengu Electronics – Dissolution Sequencer
    Tengu Engineering – Augmented Capacitor Reservoir
    Tengu Offensive – Accelerated Ejection Bay
    Tengu Propulsion – Fuel Catalyst

This is mine. I actually use it with T2 BCS. T1 rigors are nice, but T2 are like 20m a piece or so. Cap stable, well tanked, effective.