Basic SkillsPosted: 2010-02-02
I recently started a 3rd account and after training the Evemon recommended learning skills up to their recommended level, I needed to start thinking about what to do with the character. He is going to be a Caldari focused PVP character since my other two characters are all about Industry. I wanted to share my research on basic PVP skills that every pilot should have before stepping into a Battlecruiser or Battleship.
- Analytical Mind IV
- Clarity IV
- Eidetic Memory IV
- Empathy I
- Focus IV
- Instant Recall IV
- Iron Will IV
- Learning V – Evemon recommended this to IV yet I trained it up to V. Getting it to V takes a a few days off your overall time if you plan on having your character for over a year.
- Logic IV
- Spatial Awareness IV
- Engineering V – Maximize the power core
- Electronics V – Maximize the CPU
- Energy Management V – Maximize the capacitor capacity
- Energy Systems Operation V – Maximize the rate at which the capacitor recharges
- Energy Grid Upgrades IV – Reduce the CPU requirements of installing power modules
- Mechanic V – Maximize hull strength
- Shield Management V – Maximize shield capacity
- Shield Operation V – Maximize the rate at which the shield recharges
- Hull Upgrade V – Maximize armor strength
- Repair Systems V – Operate the best armor and hull repair modules
- Drones V – Control up to 5 drones
- Targeting IV – +4 targets
- Long Range Targeting V – Maximize targeting range and opens up Sensor Booster II (@ IV)
- Signature Analysis V – Maximize targeting speed and opens up Logistics and Recon Ships (@ V)
- Navigation V – Maximize sub-warp speed
- Evasive Maneuvering V – Maximize ship agility
- Acceleration Control V – Maximize afterburner and microwarp drive speed boost
- Cloaking IV – Allows you to use Covert Ops Cloaking Device II which is good for Covert Ops ships.
- Propulsion Jamming V – Minimize warp scrambler and stasis web capacitor requirements
After these three groups are train up, I will feel comfortable focusing on Shields and Missile skills in order to make this a good Drake/Raven Character.