Trading 201: Nullsec Station Trading LogisticsPosted: 2011-04-08
This article discusses a trading strategy that involves more capital than pure Highsec trading, but if you have the means it can result in higher gains. If you haven’t read them, review Trading 101 and 102; these are a quick refresher course on my trading strategies.
The goal is to move goods from Jita to a Highsec station that is within short jump range of your Nullsec trading location and to then jump them into your Nullsec trading system. Since Jump Freighters cannot jump into Highsec, you need to return to a Lowsec system next to a Highsec system.
1, Jump Freighter.
1, Freighter alt in Jita in a NPC corporation to avoid war declarations.
1, Nullsec trader with cyno skills. Minimum of Accounting IV, Broker Relations IV.
1, Lowsec cyno alt. Keep this character under 900,000 skill points so you never have to update the clone.
Racial Isotopes specific to your Jump Freighter
- You understand the basics of capital ship jumping (Eve Wiki review).
- You are flying what you can afford to loose (including cargo!) (!!).
- Destination nullsec system is not cyno jammed.
- Lowsec system, that connects to Highsec, has a station.
- You will never want to jump into a lowsec system while cynoing from a safe-spot. Jump Freighters take some 10-20 seconds to align and get into warp and since you cyno beacon appears on the overview, anyone in lowsec can warp to you and scramble you.
- Do your market research.
- Never haul more than 2B worth of cargo out of Jita. You will be a target for ganking.
- Get a Jita insta-undock bookmark. This will help you avoid the freighter bumps outside of Jita 4-4 while attempting to warp to a gate.
- If the Jump Freighter character’s corporation gets wardec’d, use your lowsec cyno alt to scout into highsec before entering highsec.
- Hardwiring – Eifyr and Co. ‘Rogue’ AY-1 implant for 3% bonus to Ship Agility
- Hardwiring – Eifyr and Co. ‘Rogue’ CY-1 implant for 3% bonus to Ship Velocity
What in the heck do I sell? Think of what people do in nullsec: PVP, ratting, mining. Do you market research. Get your trading alt into nullsec and start going through the market.
Buy a few items of differing market groups and see how fast each one sells.
Cyno Jumping Tips
Review this article by S.W. on the proper creation of a cyno under the “Where the heck is that cyno – at the station” heading; you want to light the cyno next to the nullsec station within 5,000 m of the structure while still being within docking range.
The below example shows that you will want to light your cyno greater than 5,000 m away from the station physically (use the tactical overlay), but still within the station docking range.
After you jump to your cyno, do not issue any navigational directions to the Jump Freighter. The session timer post jump will make your Jump Freighter untargetable and therefore invulnerable for 20 seconds. Once the timer is up, dock up. This will refresh your ship’s capacitor back to 100%.
What? I need an concrete example!
9UY4-H II – Chribbas Cottage UNITY station in Providence is a station with no docking fees and is open to the public.
Highsec Staging -> 9UY4-H
9UY4-H -> Lowsec next to Highsec, Irshah
Irshah, lowsec next to Highsec -> Highsec
I’m lazy, give me the Dotlan jump map.