How to Profit from New ShipsPosted: 2011-12-06
New items in game, especially ships, produce a huge market opportunity if you can stage and plan out your production properly. Here are some pointers on how to make a lot of ISK.
1. Get on the test server as soon as possible to lookup the BPO requirements. This workup on the unresearched BPO shows that the build cost is about 43.6 M per Tornado.
2. Stockpile minerals in a location close to Jita that has open Manufacturing slots.
3. Before the expansion comes out, have a freighter or Shuttle character in a NPC station where the BPO will be seeded.
4. After the expansion has been deployed and you are back in the game, buy the BPOs and burn to your production system.
5. Build a few BCs with the unresearched BPOs and get the ships to market. Here is a screenshot of the Tornado market about 6 hours after they were seeded on the market.
Despite the markup, they were moving. People were making a 170M+ profit on each Tornado because the demand was so high.
6. After the market has become competitive, place your BPOs in research and start the ME grind in order to stay competitive.