Wormhole space is a new addition that came with the Eve Apocrypha expansion.
Read the following guide by ArcDragon.
WH – Wormhole
C1 to C6 – Class of Wormhole system. C1′s are very easy. C6′s require you to gang up to take on the Sleepers.
K-Space – Known space as in Empire
J-Gamma – My corporation’s name for whatever WH system we are currently occupying.
JGN – J-Gamma Neighbor. The system that is currently connected to J-Gamma. If two links exist, we call them JGN Cx with x representing the class of the neighbor.
- Whatever you bring into WH space, you might lose at some point.
- You will get podded and wake up in Empire at some point.
- Watch directional like a hawk. This means you are scanning every 30-60 seconds and keeping an eye out for foreign probes or ships.
- If you are out solo, fit for a Core Probe Launcher I with at least 8 Core Scanner Probe I‘s.
- Train Astrometrics to IV, Astrometric Pinpoinging to III, and Astrometric Rangefinding to III before even think about coming into WH space. Having these basic scanning skills will make pinpointing a signature a lot easier on your nerves.
- There is no local in WH space so the Directional Scanner is your best friend.
- Uncheck “Use Active Overview Settings”.
- Set range to 2,147,483,647 or enter 9,999,999,999 and it will set itself to the maximum value.
- Set Angle to 360 Degrees.
- Sort reverse alphabetically. This is so any “Scanner Probe” items will appear towards the top of the list.
- Hit the scan button every 30-60 seconds if you are overly paranoid.
- If you see any type of probes show up, warp to the POS.
- Use one of your two alt slots as a offline scanner character. Bring it into the POS and disconnect while in a scanning ship. Never bring this character out of the POS except when you move systems. This way, if all of your corpmates are podded back to empire, you can log on your scanner alt after the battle and find a way in back from Empire.
- Below is an example of when you should head back to the POS.
- Offline and unanchor everything but your POS, Corporate Hangar, and POS Defenses before you move. I’ve been ready to move and have had to wait and extra 1.5 hours while a Intensive Refining Arrayofflines and unanchors.
- Have a cloaked ship watch the WH that you are going to be brining your hauler through at all times during your move.
- If you have an occupied neighbor, or are overly paranoid, you should anchor a Mobile Large Warp Disruptor II (40 K bubble) in the path of transit to your exit WH.
- When you traveling through an occupied system, warp to a planet before going to the exit WH. There might be Mobile Warp Disruptors or a bubble in between the two WHs.
- Only scout and pin signatures in a cloak capiable ship.
- Arkonor first, Bistot second, Crokite third, and Mercoxit last. After these are gone, start on the Spodumain (has Megacyte), then Dark Ochre and Gneiss.
- Don’t even bother with the lower minerals unless you are building items in WH space. They are not worth the M3.
- Keep your Hulk aligned to the POS or a Planet at all times.