Here are a few pictures that highlight my corporation’s venture into Wormhole space to strike it rich.
Given the shakeup coming with the tiericide effort, Armor tanking, and the sweeping changes coming this summer, I feel comfortable disclosing performance numbers for production and trade involving popular Battlecruisers hulls.
The Drake and Hurricane market has been and continues to be a very competitive market. I contribute this to a few factors.
First there are many industrial people that will not consider the time it takes for them to mine minerals; remember that time is money and the hours that you spend slaving away staring at a rock for a few million an hour could be better spent doing more lucrative activities. Note that this point is not isolated to these hulls and is a common error in production logic for new industrialists.
The PVP and PVE proficiency of the Drake makes it a very popular ship. There will always be a large draw for industry people to focus on this hull, making for high competition.
Lastly, given the time that these two ships have been in the game, many industrialists have these BPOs researched to high levels and have had them for many years.
My production and trade focus shifted off of the Drake and Hurricane when the Tier 3 Battlecruisers were introduced as I saw a high demand for them in the PVP arena.
As you can see the trading performance below, they have proven to be far more profitable on average than their older counterparts.
Make Naga, Oracle, Talos, and Tornado hulls not Drake and Hurricane ones.
The ability to produce order from chaos gives us direction. There is a lot of data out there for the Eve universe; kill reports, market prices, and player content all contain information that we can use.
In order to give my trading ventures some direction, I produced a report out of the large amount of kill report data that is publicly available.
After setting up an instance of EDK, I pulled data from various sources including eve-kill.net, TEST, Goon, and AAA killboards. I then ran some filters on the dataset in order to exclude some cases that don’t contribute to my target PVP environment:
- Ignored duplicate mails when importing (attempt to sanitize the input).
- Ignored ammo as I have found that the ammo trade is very hit-or-miss as far as profits are concerned.
- Filtered to only null and lowsec kills.
- Removed losses that contained NPCs (lols Ratting Ishtar).
My query produced a list of top ships and modules that turnover. Here is a nice list of 154 items you should be trading based on my filters if you want to stock the war chests of PVP players.
10MN Afterburner II 10MN MicroWarpdrive II 1400mm Gallium Cannon 1400mm Howitzer Artillery II 1400mm Prototype Siege Cannon 150mm Light AutoCannon II 200mm AutoCannon II 220mm Vulcan AutoCannon II 425mm AutoCannon II 425mm Compressed Coil Gun I 425mm Medium Prototype Automatic Cannon 425mm Railgun II 720mm Howitzer Artillery II 720mm Prototype Siege Cannon 800mm Heavy Prototype Repeating Siege Cannon 800mm Repeating Artillery II Adaptive Invulnerability Field II Adaptive Nano Plating II Arazu 'Arbalest' Cruise Launcher I Armor EM Hardener II Armor Explosive Hardener II Armor Kinetic Hardener II Armor Thermic Hardener II Ballistic Control System II Basilisk Blackbird Broadsword BZ-5 Neutralizing Spatial Destabilizer ECM Cap Recharger II Capacitor Power Relay II Compulsive Signal Distortion Amplifier I Conjunctive Magnetometric ECCM Scanning Array I Conjunctive Radar ECCM Scanning Array I Co-Processor II Covert Ops Cloaking Device II Curse Cynosural Field Generator I Damage Control II Devoter Drake Dual 180mm AutoCannon II E50 Prototype Energy Vampire ECM - Ion Field Projector II ECM - Multispectral Jammer II ECM - Phase Inverter II ECM - Spatial Destabilizer II EM Ward Amplifier II EM Ward Field II Energized Adaptive Nano Membrane II Enfeebling Phase Inversion ECM I Eris Experimental 10MN Afterburner I Experimental 10MN MicroWarpdrive I Flycatcher FZ-3a Disruptive Spatial Destabilizer ECM 'Gloom' I White Noise ECM Guardian Gyrostabilizer II Heat Sink II Heavy Electrochemical Capacitor Booster I Heavy Electron Blaster II Heavy Ion Blaster II Heavy Missile Launcher II Heavy Pulse Laser II Heavy Unstable Power Fluctuator I Heretic Huginn Hurricane 'Hypnos' Ion Field ECM I Improved Cloaking Device II Interdiction Sphere Launcher I Kinetic Deflection Field II Lachesis Languid Phase Inversion ECM I Large Anti-EM Screen Reinforcer I Large 'Arup' Remote Bulwark Reconstruction Large Core Defense Field Extender I Large F-S9 Regolith Shield Induction Large 'Notos' Explosive Charge I Large 'Regard' Power Projector Large S95a Partial Shield Transporter Large Shield Extender II Large 'Solace' Remote Bulwark Reconstruction Limited 1MN MicroWarpdrive I Low Frequency Sensor Suppressor I Maelstrom Magnetic Field Stabilizer II 'Malkuth' Heavy Missile Launcher I Maller Medium Ancillary Current Router I Medium Anti-EM Screen Reinforcer I Medium Anti-Thermal Screen Reinforcer I Medium 'Arup' Remote Bulwark Reconstruction Medium Azeotropic Ward Salubrity I Medium Capacitor Booster II Medium Capacitor Control Circuit I Medium Core Defense Field Extender I Medium Energy Discharge Elutriation I Medium Energy Locus Coordinator I Medium Energy Neutralizer I Medium Energy Neutralizer II Medium Ionic Field Projector I Medium Particle Dispersion Augmentor I Medium Particle Dispersion Projector I Medium S95a Partial Shield Transporter Medium Shield Extender II Medium Targeting System Subcontroller I Medium Trimark Armor Pump I Medium Unstable Power Fluctuator I Nanofiber Internal Structure II Oneiros Onyx Oracle Phased Muon ECCM Caster I Phobos Power Diagnostic System II Prototype 100MN MicroWarpdrive I Prototype Armor EM Hardener I Prototype Armor Explosive Hardener I Prototype Armor Thermic Hardener I Prototype Cloaking Device I Reactor Control Unit II Remote Sensor Dampener II Rokh Sabre Scimitar Scorpion Sensor Booster I Sensor Booster II Shadow Serpentis Armor EM Hardener Shadow Serpentis Armor Kinetic Hardener Signal Distortion Amplifier II Small Capacitor Booster II Small Core Defense Field Extender I Small Diminishing Power System Drain I Small Nosferatu II Stabber Fleet Issue Standard Missile Launcher II Stasis Webifier II Tachyon Anode Particle Stream I Tachyon Beam Laser II Tempest Thermic Dissipation Field II Tornado Tracking Computer II Tracking Disruptor II Tracking Enhancer II Type-D Attenuation Signal Augmentation 'Umbra' White Noise ECM Warp Disruption Field Generator I Warp Disruptor II Warp Scrambler II Zealot
I’m following the trend that Rixx Javix started and posting my goods. As mainly a trader and researcher, I don’t feel like I have a large fleet of PVP ships as I try to maintain a lean operation. ISK goes back into trading and manufacturing operations instead of sitting as a rusting Minmatar hull in a hangar.
I’ve blanked out the majority of my ship name but I’ll let you know that I name them all after Babylon 5 ship classes.
This character sits in Jita 4-4 and moves and/or ships items around. I think of this guy as the holding account.
(396) Various capital part BPCs left over from copying capital part BPOs for passive income
(293) Various Tech1 BPCs left over when I used to do Invention
(14) Invented Tech2 module BPCs
(5) Invented Anshar (ME -1) BPCs for JF building
Ishtar, Onyx, Phobos, Pilgrim Invented BPCs
(2) Jump Freighter
(5) Iteron Mark V
This character is working with around 290 BPOs worth around 13.59 B. I’ve always wanted to be able to produce anything in the game so I bought up the majority of the common module, frigate, and cruiser prints. The only Battlecruiser prints that I own is a set of the Tier3 ones. I have no intention to ever produce Drakes/Hurricanes due to their small profit margin. I also don’t own any Battleship prints as I like to fly T1/T2 cruiser hulls.
Capital Bittervet Pilot
I’m training this character to fly all four racial Interceptors, Recons, Logistics, and standard BCs. I also have him trained for the standard T2 Alpha Maelstrom because it is such a common request in nullsec fleets.
Test builds are being deployed. I will attempt to keep a master list here so bookmark and refresh this post.
Patch Notes [link]
Patch Size: ~1.04 GB
Game of Drones:
Revamped the Inventory:
- Managing corporation items in a station
- All item management from POS structures done in space on grid
- All Inventory management in space (wrecks, opening other ship locations, etc)
- All Inventory management in stations (items, ships)
- This change does NOT affect the ASSETS window
- LP for kills
- Bunkers are now infrastructure hubs
- LP for all FW actions (capturing complexes, capturing infrastructures hubs, etc)
- New FW front page
- Consequences for capturing systems/regions (benefits for you, grief for your enemy)
- Capturing FW system affect SOV ownership
- Map filters for FW have been revamped
• New missile launchers and launch effects
• New missiles, trails and explosions
• New Stealth Bombers
• Amarr V3
o All sub capital Amarr ships, excluding T3 cruisers.
“14 different skintypes have been added to the Character Creator. This allows all bloodlines to have a wide range of skincolors.
These skintypes replace the previous skintones that allowed players to modify their skincolor a little bit.
A character can keep his/her current skintone, but as soon as a skintype has been applied and the character saved, one of the new skintypes has to be used.
The skintypes can only be applied with full recustomization, that is when you also have the option to resculpt your character, but the plan is to give everyone an optional full recustomization when this goes on TQ.”
• Updated Kill Reports (aka Kill Mails)
• Different war cost
• Corp CEO/Director declares wars, no voting required
• Alliance wars transfer to corps leaving
• No automatic war retraction by aggressor
• Wars last for week by default
• Either side can offer surrender in a war
• The defending side can get allies to help
• There is a place for people to find prospective allies/clients
• Players can now more easily track the war in the War Report
• All corps have publicly viewable war history
• Drone Damage module (Extrinsic Damage Amplifier)
• CPU Rigs (Small/Medium/Large Processor Overclocking Unit)
• Fueled Shield booster (Small/Medium/Large Ancillary Shield Booster), using Cap Boosters as charges
• Light and Medium Web drones
• Resistance shifting armor hardener (Armor Adaptive Hardener)
1. Frigate Rebalance [link]
Tormentor, Punisher, Merlin, Incursus, and Rifter changes.
2. New Modules
From Soundwave’s presentation at Fanfest, it sounded like the following modules are going to be included in Inferno. So far we only have this slide from FanFest and a long forum posts. [44:24]
Micro Jump Drive — Perhaps soon:
Drone Damage module (Extrinsic Damage Amplifier)
CPU Rigs (Small/Medium/Large Processor Overclocking Unit)
Fueled Shield booster (Small/Medium/Large Ancillary Shield Booster), using Cap Boosters as charges
Light and Medium Web drones
Resistance shifting armor hardener (Armor Adaptive Hardener)
3. Missile Effects [link]
Youtube video starting at 3:30.
4. Missile Launchers [link]
For a while, we’ve been talking about global killboards and all the awesome stuff that comes with it (leaderboards, weekly contests etc). Linking killmails in chat to other players means that you’ll effectively have access to that data, making our global killboard project slightly problematic. That, coupled with some security concerns means that we’ll have to withdraw linking killmails ingame.
Just to make it clear, we’re not pulling this feature because we don’t want you linking killmails, we’re pulling it because we have concerns about the impact on our global killboard project and making this massive amount of data available in a more graceful manner in terms of security etc.
6. Unified Inventory UI [devblog]
7. Amarr v3 Ship Updates [preview youtube]
8. Updated Ship Models
[unofficial renders on youtube]
Overview Fading [link] Included in Escalation
10. War Mechanic Updates [devblog]
11. FW Changes [devblog]
Without going into exhaustive detail:
1. Cannot dock in stations that are in systems controlled by an enemy
- Example: Minmatar cannot dock in stations in a FW system controlled by the Amarr/Caldari
- You also cannot use station services if you docked before system flipped
- Ninja Edit: This does not affect neutrals
2. There are 5 levels of discounts for a number of different things – if you own the system and have upgraded it
- Medical clone discounts (from 10% in increments of 10 up to 50% discount)
- Number of assembly lines increases by 1 for every level
- All broker fees discounted (from 10% in increments of 10 up to 50%)
- NOTE: You only get these discounts in the FW system
- ADDENDUM: These discounts apply to neutrals not in FW
3. Militia store LP prices are affected by faction wide performance (discounts in increments of 10%)
- Note that Datacores have been split and moved in FW LP stores
- Pending implementation, LP gain increase for all ways in which LP can be gained in FW – FW Kills, FW Missions, Complexs etc
12. War Costs
1. Drake Rebalance
2. Titan Rebalance
3. Technetium Rebalance
1. Destroyer and Battlecruiser Skill Rebalance
There will be no skill change for Inferno. Your destroyer and battlecruiser skills are safe for now. Battlecruisers will have to wait until we have rebalanced frigates and destroyers to have something clean to compare them with.
CCP Ytterbium link
2. Armor and Shield Rig Rebalance [link]
In conclusion, this is just too much controversial / poorly thought to be a first step to anything, we need to take a step back, breathe, and have a look at the whole passive versus active tanking situation through modules and ships as well as changing rigs before committing to more changes.
CCP Ytterbium link