I don’t have a lot of small gang lowsec PVP experience and in order to broaden my experience level, I like to enlist other people to show me the ropes. Sunday night I went on a 2 person Thrasher roam with JonnyPew of the Explorer’s Log Youtube series.
We ended up deciding on Thrashers since they are a versatile and throwaway PVP ship.
I really want a “Copy Ship Fit” option that will take the existing ship’s fit and assemble a duplicate in the same hangar. I only had to fit up 10 Thrashers and I was already getting annoyed. I found that if I put all the modules, ammo, and rigs in to a container and dragged out of that, it helped the mass fit process. I can’t imagine what the RVB people go through to fit up waves of disposable Rifters.
On our way to Tama from Jita, we played standoff with a frigate gang and tried to bait a few Faction Warfare people running sites. We ended up not engaging anyone and instead ganked a cyno alt that was waiting out a beacon. Too many times have I been on the receiving end of this action so it was nice to be the one shooting slugs into a helpless ship.
When we got into Tama, we found a solo Thrasher and attempted to bait it. It turns out that my AutoCannon fit was no match for the Artillery off-grid boosted Thrasher.
Our bait went successfully as I warped off to a clearly discernible planet at 30 after locating the solo Thrasher. He landed at 0 on the planet, 30k away, and locked me up. To my amazement he was getting hits on me from 20k away and as I voiced my amazement, JonnyPew informed me that he was most likely Artillery fit. My 1,100 optimal was no match and I went down in under 30 seconds. At least I got a ‘gf’ in local.
Sunday night US (1:00 Monday UTC) seems to be a good block of free time for me. I might try to make this Sunday night suicide roam a regular occurrence. If you are interested in FC’ing or tagging along, contact Blake Armitage in game. Skype conference seems to be the easiest way to communicate for me until I setup an official voice server.
I’ve wanted to fly a Nyx since I started playing Eve as I find it to be the best looking ship in the game. It commands respect. I now have the ISK and an almost maxed out Thanatos character to pilot it, but I don’t want to put my main character in a space coffin.
This week Supercapitals and Titans were seeded on the test server. If you have the skills, you can buy a hull for the 100.00 ISK seed price. I was even able to put an deadspace tank on the ship as the Corpum/Corpus modules are also seeded.
1. Interested in the current tone of CSM-CCP relationship, the future of industry, and hints into the Winter expansion? Listen to VandV Podcast: Special Edition: Spring Summit Wrap Up podcast which contains an hour of content with current chairman @Seleene_Eve.
2. Chribba posted a screenshot of his Titan mining operations in lowsec.
3. I gasped at the sov map for a minute before discovering that there was a zero in the name.
4. Endless Space, a 4X turn based space strategy game, has been recieving a lot of my attention over the past month. The Beta is available right now on Steam and patches have been coming out every week or so with balances, new UI elements, and bug fixes.
I’m really interested in this game because the same game format is XML that is compressed in a .bin file. You can uncompress it with 7-Zip and then edit it in Notepad++ to change planet or hero attributes, technologies, global events, or even star system locations. The mentality of the development team is one of openness with the community and they are very active on the forums while polishing up the Beta.
5. I’ve contacted some Tech2 manufactures and have started to buy in bulk. You can generally get 5-10% Jita price, which does nothing but increase your margins.
6. Since I haven’t been actively playing much this month, I put some idle BPOs into copy research for some very passive income. There are idle or low wait empire copy slots, you just have to look for them. Hint: go to lowsec. I just know one of these days I will encounter a smartbomb.
7. To help solidify my claim as a bittervet, I picked up some Anaconda Mines.
8. I have an itch for a large scale public investment project, but lack any type of formal finance training. I wish Eve had a stock market so people could invest in my trading and manufacturing operation. I don’t have any idea of where to start, what the payout would be, or how to manage risk when you start to work with other people’s money; I would not want to be Eve Bank 2.0.
The following items are some basic guidelines that I use when setting up the Eve client for my trading operation. Everyone is different, so take my suggestions into consideration when setting up your layout. There are a few ways to be productive with the current UI.
- Market on the top section. I merge Mail, Contracts, and Corporation windows into this section.
- Wallet with Orders tab open on the bottom merged with Inventory.
- Local isolated on the lower left and any special or intel channels above it.
- Station services left alone on the right.
This area of the Market interface is the lifeblood of my operation. Take the time to properly setup your lists with folders as it will allow you to quickly scan and locate items.
I’m only interested in around 400 or so items out of the thousands of items on the market — don’t spend time typing in the Search, have everything in your QuickBar!
I take one client and make it the master and when I have finalized a number of edits to the QuickBar, I copy it to other character’s setups. There is a unique .dat file for each character.
C:\Users\[user]\AppData\Local\CCP\EVE\[eve instance name]\settings (Windows 7)
core_user_[eve user id].dat
Example of my organized QuickBar:
Enable this with the Market > Settings > Mark my orders option. I use this to visually show how I am controlling a market. It can also give you insight into how competitive the item is by how many orders have been updated since your last check.
An update operation involves me going down the Wallet > Oders list, double-clicking on each row. If an order needs updating, I right-click on it and selecting Modify Order.
Did you know that you can move prices from the Modify window up or down by 0.01 ISK by using the scroll-wheel? I discovered this by accident. Happy 0.01′ing!
I’m following the trend that Rixx Javix started and posting my goods. As mainly a trader and researcher, I don’t feel like I have a large fleet of PVP ships as I try to maintain a lean operation. ISK goes back into trading and manufacturing operations instead of sitting as a rusting Minmatar hull in a hangar.
I’ve blanked out the majority of my ship name but I’ll let you know that I name them all after Babylon 5 ship classes.
This character sits in Jita 4-4 and moves and/or ships items around. I think of this guy as the holding account.
(396) Various capital part BPCs left over from copying capital part BPOs for passive income
(293) Various Tech1 BPCs left over when I used to do Invention
(14) Invented Tech2 module BPCs
(5) Invented Anshar (ME -1) BPCs for JF building
Ishtar, Onyx, Phobos, Pilgrim Invented BPCs
(2) Jump Freighter
(5) Iteron Mark V
This character is working with around 290 BPOs worth around 13.59 B. I’ve always wanted to be able to produce anything in the game so I bought up the majority of the common module, frigate, and cruiser prints. The only Battlecruiser prints that I own is a set of the Tier3 ones. I have no intention to ever produce Drakes/Hurricanes due to their small profit margin. I also don’t own any Battleship prints as I like to fly T1/T2 cruiser hulls.
Capital Bittervet Pilot
I’m training this character to fly all four racial Interceptors, Recons, Logistics, and standard BCs. I also have him trained for the standard T2 Alpha Maelstrom because it is such a common request in nullsec fleets.